Water. Seems so simple. We know we need it. So why is drinking water so dang hard?!
In the book, Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg, he discusses habits such as this.
According to Fogg, if you’re having trouble drinking half your body weight in ounces of water per day, it most likely means that at least one of the following components is interfering.
MOTIVATION | ABILITY | TRIGGER
Consider the following motivators:
• Controls hunger
• Increases energy
• Helps your kidneys do their job
• Keeps you focused with clearer thinking
• Aids in digestion
• Helps with sickness
Now, look at ability. How able are you to drink water throughout the day? Is it a hassle? Does it taste good?
Try the following:
Triggers are like reminders for you to keep on chuggin’. Keeping your favorite cup or bottle of water within reach not only makes it easier to drink water but it also creates a visual trigger to serve as a reminder.
• Set up alarms as reminders on your cell phone.
• Stick a post-it note on your monitor with reminders such as “drink more water”.
• Have you ever seen a well-organized refrigerator with beverages all lined up? Aesthetics actually can make a difference – even in your fridge! Make sure water or healthy beverages are the first thing you see when you open the fridge door.
• Purchase a gallon water jug that gives you visual cues to drink water throughout the day.
Like this one!
Here are a few of my go-to flavors that would be a delicious and refreshing drink this summer!
• Raspberry with Mint
• Rasperry with Lime
• Citrus: Lemon, Lime & Orange
• Pineapple with Mint
• Pineapple with Cilantro
• Watermelon with Rosemary
• Strawberry with Basil
• Lemon with Cucumber
• Lime & Mint