Recently I was on WSIL morning show talking about meal prep made easier! Here are my top tips:
- Type “meal prep” in the search bar on the app, Pinterest, and you will find all kinds of fabulous recipes!
- So you don’t have to spend hours on a Sunday prepping, use your oven, stovetop, and instant pot at the same time. Example: roast veggies and sweet potatoes in the oven while you cook chicken in the instant pot and prepare quinoa or brown rice in the stovetop.
- Start making Sheet pan meals for a busy weeknight dinner. For example, chicken breast tenderloins down the center, diced potatoes, and fresh green beans or brussels down the sides. Drizzle with olive oil and use any seasoning you like! Or try salmon (skin side down) with zucchini and cherry tomatoes… or how about shrimp with onions and bell peppers with fajita seasoning?
- Keep fresh fruit on hand. Aldi’s is my go-to source for quality produce that is reasonably priced! One of my favorite snacks is a banana with peanut butter and a sprinkle of sea salt!
- Take advantage of online grocery shopping! The small fee is worth your time!
- Whenever you cook for dinner… make extra! Leftovers are life! You will save time, money, and calories by eating home-cooked leftover lunches!
- Crockpots are for planners… but instant pots are for last-minute people! 😉 put beef or chicken in an instant pot with a liquid of your choice. Shred the meat to use in dishes throughout the week.